lilcee

What's wrong with my tomato plant?

This is my first year growing tomatoes in a container. It's been growing good and has lots of little tomatoes on it but I noticed the leaves are drooping and curling under. I spray rot-stop on it twice a week and put miracle grow on it once a week. I've been watering it daily because it's been hot here in FL. Am I over doing it? It's a Roma variety. I've never grown this kind before and never in a container. I live in North FL Thanks for any help.
Attachments
IMG_20240506_135535243.jpg
IMG_20240506_135723865.jpg
IMG_20240506_135525476.jpg

applestar
Mod

Roma-types do experience physiological leaf curl usually from hot weather and uneven watering.

Looking at the 3rd pic — do you put that much water in the outer bucket every time? Does the plant suck it all up so that the water is gone and soil has time to dry = air/breathe? Or does the plant sit in water 24/7? There might be root rot starting and that could result in leaf curl.

Also,
There’s early blight on a leaf in the 3rd pic (brown blotch with bright yellow surrounding it)

I see leaf miner fly maggot = doodle bug squiggles on at least one leaf in all three pics but can’t tell if they are all same leaf.

Initial stages of leafminer before doodles become obvious can look like “there’s something wrong” with the leaf. Same for the fungal disease.

Both kinds of affected leaves should be clipped off and destroyed. I don’t know what you are spraying with — what does the product contain? It should be anti-fungal. The leafminer is best prevented with sticky traps

lilcee

Thank you. The rot-stop is supposed to help with blossom rot. I think it has calcium in it. The outer bucket does have water in it. I have sticky traps in my squash but not my tomato. I'll put some in there. Thanks for the info

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”