harryboy222
Newly Registered

HELP! Shimpaku juniper bonsai

hey I am 15 and just got my 1st bonsai. all I know is that the name of the plant is a Shimpaku juniper bonsai and is supposed to be a hearty tree. I bought it on a spur of the moment type of thing and want to konw how to take care of it thank you for your help.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Congrats on the new tree; Shimpaku juniper is a great plant.

Here's some reading from our web site; there is a wealth of material on-line besides this so don't just take my word for it, read as much as you can get your hands on. This is an art form, not a science, so there are a lot of different ways to get things done...

[url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/bonsai/index.html[/url]

Scott

harryboy222
Newly Registered

thanks for the advice and that web page is great but I have a few more fairly specific questions. how much light should I give my shimpaku. also do I need to keep my bonsai inside the temperature down here is fairly mild but when you add the moisture it feels like 15 degrees less. should that make a difference.

Thank You,
Harrison

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Shimpaku need as much light as you can give them, but as for the outdoor indoor thing I don't know where "down here" is, so I can't say about the last part.

If you register here answers to the thread you start go to your e-mail automatically and I can look at your profile and tell a lot more about the conditions where you live. Registering is a good idea here; we NEVER give out lists without direct permission...

Scott

Return to “BONSAI FORUM”