Dany_mex
Cool Member

Does Peters work for hydroponics?

Hi,

Well, I want to make a house hydroponic system that I looked in Youtube and the guy in the video uses Peters fertilizer solution in his hydroponic system and it seems that worked well for him to grow peppers and tomatoes, is that a good nutrient solution? or not?.

Thanks.

Dany_mex
Cool Member

This is the system I want to build but I'm wondering if it is effective or not, but I'm looking something like that which is simple, unexpensive but effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah3zrGRmx80

Cheers.

Dany_mex
Cool Member

anybody?

Halfway
Green Thumb

After quite a bit of research on nutrients, I went with CNS17 to start.

I chose it because it contains all the required nutrients plus trace and is from a proven company.

It is also a complete package as opposed to mixing several different bottles. The change from plant cycles is accomplished by ppm dosages as opposed to buying additional nutrients.

I'll post results as I go along and this will be the first time growing with hydroponics.

hydroguy

Dany_mex, did some research of Peter's and it's not sold as a hydro fertilizer but they do carry some products that are water soluable so they should work. Will be interested to hear your results.

Halfway, Botanicare is a very reputable firm. A great deal of my equipment came from them. CNS17 is one of the very few complete hydro formula's out there but there are 5 different products in that line of nutrients. Changing from vegitative to fruiting stage requires more than just a change in PPM, there is a significant change in the N-P-K ratios required for plants which is why even the CNS17 line has grow and bloom products.

All the "grow" products will be fine for herbs and leafy plants but when you try and produce fruit ie, peppers, tomatoes etc. your gonna need and "bloom" product.

Best of luck to both of ya,

hydroguy

Halfway
Green Thumb

Thanks Hydro. I agree.

With my current setup with lettuce and cilantro/basil, I only need the "grow" at this point. I see it does require changing dosage during the early weeks.

I needed something simple as my first run.

I am glad you give it a "thumbs up".

Dany_mex
Cool Member

Hi,

Well the reason I was asking about the Peters fertilizer was because I live in Mexico but I haven't been able to find a hydroponics specialized fertilizer and since I saw that video well I was excited because Peters is the one that I can get that disolves in water so I will give it a try to grow some tomatoes and some herbs maybe and I'll tell you how it works.

Thank you so much guys.

Return to “HYDROPONICS FORUM”