SusieSaver
Newly Registered

Help! Losing all my cantaloupe & melon leaves!

I am growing sugar baby watermelon, Asian Early Silverline melons, 3 varieties of cantaloupe and lemon cucumber in pots. These are all going up a trellis. Things were going great - have already harvested many cucumber and have 20+ melons growing. I have had some leaf issues off and on, but they were usually limited to a few leaves. But over the past week and a half or so I have been losing leaves at an alarming rate. Everyday I am picking off 20-30 leaves or more. We had rain last week and I sprayed with Bonide Tomato and Vegetable 3 in 1 which is a fungicide/pesticide, to no avail. I fertilized with Neptunes fish and seaweed emulsion, following directions, but that hasn't made much difference either. I am afraid I am going to lose melons because there will not be enough leaves for photosynthesis. The only bugs I have seen are the occasional spider or grasshopper. I am new to gardening (last year grew peppers, this year got more adventurous), so I'm not sure what else to do. This is my first post - I'll see if I can figure out how to post some photos. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.ImageImageImage

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Return to “All Other Fruit”