Susan W
Greener Thumb

Sun moves too fast!

The sun moves too fast! Well, kinda kidding. I will think I have a couple of shelves with sun, dappled/half and shade. The starts can be placed accordingly. A few days pass and it's a different scene! Yes, shade cloth helps if it is in full sun, but is shade a few days later. Sigh.
BTW, I can live with the sun and long days, not complaining.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

OK Susan, Come out into the light and explain what you just said! This sounds like something I read once on the wall at MAX FACTOR'S Powder plant in Hollywood California. They also had a large forklift called: YELLOWPHANT. Enough of that. What were you trying to say????????????????????? Slowly now, you're among friends. We won't hold it against you, no mater what the explanation reveals.

Richard

Susan W
Greener Thumb

The days are getting longer now, so more sunlight. Also the sun is higher in sky, so angles of shadow keep changing. Put a plant, in this case a flat of seedlings in the mix. You want a couple hours of sun, perhaps some partial. Last week had the spot on a shelf. This week no sun hits that shelf.

applestar
Mod

Oh I know THAT feeling! But opposite scenario perhaps.

I'm taking advantage of dappled shadows cast by the trees as I acclimate indoor winter "softened" container plants to the outdoor existence for their summer vacation. I ended up with a couple of sunburned citrus and avocado because the shadow that used to be there moved away AND the sun that's getting through are stronger. Coffee is not looking too good either. They are such wimps. :roll: Toughen up already! :twisted:

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

But it great to have all that sun now. Just have to find a place where plants get what they need. We did a similar thing, put up shade cloth, now I'm thinking I'd like more sun on some things. Hope it all grows well for you.

Richard

You're growing coffee applestar? Are you going to take it inside for winter?

applestar
Mod

Yep. Has to come inside for the winter here. I grew it from seed: Subject: COFFEE SEED IS SPROUTING!
I'll take an update photo and post it in that thread when I repot it for the season. :wink:

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”